UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATIONS
TANZANIA PORTS AUTHORITY
TENDER NO. AE/016/2018-19/CTB/W/04
MAINTENANCE OF SPM CALM BUOYS ASSET NO.76-3912-A AT DAR ES SALAAM PORT
INVITATION FOR TENDERS
Date: 5th April, 2019
- This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the Financial Year 2018/19 Project which appeared in Guardian Newspaper of 27th August, 2018.
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has set aside funds for the operation of the Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) during the financial year 2018/2019. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the fund will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for the Maintenance of SPM Calm Buoys Asset No.76-3912-A at Dar Es Salaam Port.
- The Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) now invites sealed Tenders from eligible Mechanical, Petroleum or Marine Contractors registered or capable of being registered in Class Three III and above for carrying out the Maintenance of SPM Calm Buoys Asset No.76-3912-A at Dar es Salaam Port.
- Tendering will be conducted through the International Competitive Tendering (ICT) specified in the Public Procurement Regulations, Government Notice No.446 of 2013 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Secretary of the Tender Board on 26th Floor at Bandari Tower- One Stop Centre Plot No. 1/2 along Sokoine Drive from 0900 to 1600 Hours Local on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
- A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on the submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tanzanian Shillings (100,000) Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to Director General of Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA)
- All Tenders must be accompanied by Tender Securing Declaration in the format provided in the Tender Document (Section No. IX).Tender not accompanied by Tender Securing Declaration will be rejected. Bids not accompanied by bid Securing Declaration will be rejected.
- All Tenders in ONE original plus TWO copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes clearly marked “TENDER NO. AE/016/2018-19/CTB/W/04 FOR MEINTANENCE OF SPM CALM BOUY ASSET NO.76-3912-A AT DAR ES SALAAM PORT. ” must be delivered to the address: The Secretary, Central Tender Board, Tanzania Ports Authority, O. Box 9184, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 26th Floor at Bandari Tower- One Stop Centre Plot No. 1/2 along Sokoine Drive.
- Site Visit shall be held on Monday 29th April, 2019 at 10.00 Hours Local Time at Ras Mjimwema Landfall Kigamboni Dar es salaam followed by Pre-Bidding Meeting which will be conducted immediately after Site Visit at TPA’s Head Office, Bandari Tower One Stop Centre Plot 1/2 , Sokoine Drive, 26th Floor Conference Room.
- Deadline for submission of tenders is on Friday 10th May, 2019 at 10.00 a.m. local time. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening on 26th Floor at Bandari Tower- One Stop Centre Plot No. 1/2 along Sokoine Drive.
- Late Tenders portion of Tenders, electronic Tenders, and Tenders not received, Tenders not opened at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
- Tanzania Ports Authority is not obliged to accept the lowest or any tender.
Issued by: The Director General,
Tanzania Ports Authority,
P.O. Box 9184,
DAR ES SALAAM,
Tel No. +255 022 2111 315
Fax No: +255 022 2112 678,